When you or a loved one experiences a physical setback, you have one job to do - heal. It's our job to help, and that's where the rehabilitation services team at CHI St. Francis Health comes in.
Rehabilitation Services consists of the departments of: Physical Therapy, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and the Medical Wellness Center.
Our physical, speech and occupational therapists most commonly help patients recover from stroke, injury or surgery. They also treat patients with chronic medical problems or disorders. Whether or not the patient is staying in the hospital, therapists work to provide quality care that focuses on treating the whole patient, not just the symptoms.
- Wellness is making the decision to choose options that promote optimal health.
- Wellness is the process of seeking integration of body, mind and spirit.
- Wellness is establishing a lifestyle that incorporates mental and spiritual wholeness.
- Wellness is nutritional awareness, physical fitness and environmental sensitivity.
- Wellness is pursued to promote health for rehabilitation, to enhance quality of life, and to maximize potential.
- Wellness is recognizing your responsibility of stewardship as it relates to your health (body-mind-spirit).
- Wellness is the right and privilege of everyone.
- Wellness is acceptance of yourself and others in a loving, caring way.