Welcome to our online source for health and wellness information. Visitors may link directly to these health, medical, and informational websites by adding them to your Favorites List.
- Assisted Recovery Centers
Out-patient, non-12-step treatment program for recovery from alcoholism or opiate addiction. Locations in several US states.
- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility Locator
Find a detox, rehab, halfway house, clinic, or counseling center anywhere in the United States. For both alcoholism and drug addiction. Maintained by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Health care associations
Health care organizations
The website features information on the law in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, an interactive timeline of when different parts of the law take effect and current health coverage options for people in various situations.
- Minnesota Department of Health
Information on birth, death, marriage certificates and divorce decrees. Health statistics, programs, forms, emergency preparedness, response and recovery, public health laboratory, and much more.
- Minnesota Help Information
Help for Seniors, people with disabilities, families and children, services for the homeless, refugees, links for the youth, veterans, chemical health, mental health, prescriptions, and much more.
- ND Department of Health
Information on birth, death, marriage certificates and divorce decrees. Community health, emergency preparedness, medical services, health resources, environmental health, and much more.
Health information libraries and encyclopedias
- refdesk.com Facts Encyclopedia
Health and Medicine Reference Guide
- MedLine Plus
Health encyclopedia, health topics, drugs and supplements, and much more.
Medicine terms dictionary, picture slideshows, information about symptoms and signs, procedures and tests, medications, healthy living, and much more.
- Health Library
Library of vital information with a human touch.
- AARP Health Encyclopedia
Health Illustrated Encyclopedia
- Health Central
Drug library, health tools, healthy recipes, caregiving resources, video library, 3D medical animations, symptom checker, and much more.
- Health Information Encyclopedia
Hundreds of diseases, including symptoms, prevention methods and treatment options. Includes patient handouts and disease references that can be printed off.
An assortment of recipes searchable by course, ingredient, cooking style, and more.
- Cooking Light
A great site for beginners with healthy recipes, articles, and how tos.
- Vegetarian Times
Even non-vegetarians will appreciate the wide variety of vegetarian recipes, resources, and articles.
- Psychiatry and Wellness
Psychiatry, wellness, addictions and recovery. Offers articles on various addiction issues.
- The Organization for Bipolar Affective Disorders
Meetings, book, resources, ask an expert, links, contacts, donations, what's new, newsletter and awards.
- Psych Central - Symptoms and Treatments of Mental Disorders
Lists culled from current diagnostic criteria most commonly used in the United States by mental health professionals. These are divided into three broad categories: adult, childhood, and personality disorders.
- OBAD's Mood Disorders (Bipolar Affective Disorder)
OBAD - support for individuals with a mood disorder such as Bipolar, Depression or Schizoaffective Disorder.
- All About Schizophrenia - Mental Health Net
Information regarding symptoms, treatment, current research and self-help resources.
- Alzeheimer Foundation of America
Provides care and services to individuals confronting dementia and Alzheimer's disease, caregivers and families through member organizations. Dedicated to meeting the educational, social and emotional needs and raising public awareness and lending expertise to healthcare professionals.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Information on child and adolescent psychiatry including fact sheets for parents and caregivers, current research, practice guidelines and managed care.
- Anxiety Disorders Association of America
- Non-profit organization provides information and support for patients and health professionals, with details of conditions, and lists of resources.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Center
- Education, resources and support in the process of recovery and the understanding of Anorexia, Bulimia or Compulsive Overeating as well as Muscle Dysmorphia.
- eMedicine: Personality Disorders
- Features an introduction, clinical aspects, differentials, workup, treatment, and medications.
- International Psychology Services
- Conferences for health and education professionals in the field of childhood developmental disorders, including adhd, dyslexia, dyspraxia, autistic spectrum disorders and speech and language disorders.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
Helps individuals in suicidal crisis to contact the nearest available suicide prevention and mental health service provider through a toll-free phone number. Also information for crisis centers, public education campaign, events, and news.
Learn how to perform every exercise, what bodyparts they work, and more! Over 300 exercises. Pictures and videos.
Learn about exercise, how to lose weight and how to get fit and healthy. You'll find weight loss advice, free cardio, strength training, flexibility, and more.
- Injury Prevention Web
Contains data on injury occurrence in each of the 50 US states, information about prevention, policy recommendations, and a resources section with links to government and nonprofit sites worldwide.
- National Organization on Disability
Promotes full and equal participation of America's 54 million men, women and children with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- QuitPlan - Stop Smoking
QUITPLAN® Services is one of the most comprehensive quit smoking programs in the country. Our free personalized approach has successfully helped over 12,000 Minnesotans quit smoking.
- Christians with Chronic Invisible Illnesses
Access to several Christian groups for people with invisible illnesses such as chronic fatigue (CFS), fibromyalgia (FM) and multiple chemical sensitivities (MCS).
For over 50 years, Al-Anon (which includes Alateen for younger members) has been offering hope and help to families and friends of alcoholics.
- Alcoholics Anonymous
Alcoholics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking.At Health Newsletter
Resource links for pregnancy loss, sudden infant death syndrome, and widows' support.
Discover the right diet for you by reading over 165 diet outlines.
Tools, support, and food descriptions to help you meet your dieting goals.
A free online food and exercise diary to help you take control of your diet.