St. Francis Hospice provides primary nursing care with emphasis on providing the staff that you are most familiar with on a consistent basis.
St. Francis Hospice nurses and aides are cross-trained to provide a smooth transition from home care to hospice if the need should arise, without a change in your nursing staff.
St. Francis Hospice come to you. Whether it is in your own home or a nursing home, with your chosen caregivers providing primary care.
St. Francis Hospice focuses on life. Once the decision is made to stop curative treatment, the focus is on patient-guided comfort care.
St. Francis Hospice is help with grief. Bereavement services are provided to your loved ones after your passing for 13 months.
What does Hospice provide?
- All symptom controlling medications related to the terminal diagnosis
- Medical equipment related to the terminal diagnosis, including hospital bed, oxygen, wheelchair, walker and commode
- Nursing Care, on call 24/7 with a minimun of weekly visits
- Home health aides for bathing, personal cares and light housekeeping
- Social worker visits to assist with end-of-life concerns and placement needs
- Contact with your chaplain for assistance with spiritual needs if you so choose
- Volunteers to sit or visit with clients, run errands or other tasks to allow caregivers to have an opportunity to take a short break
Who is qualified for hospice care?
Our Hospice team works closely with your own personal physician. Once your physician authorizes care, hospice services can begin. Anyone can contact Hospice to discuss or request hospice services. A professional referral is not required. A Hospice RN will contact you and offer a home visit to discuss services provided.
How is Hospice funded?
Many Hospice services are reimbursed by Medicare, Medicaid and private insurances. However, with generous community support, no one is denied care because of the inability to pay. Donations received from family, friends and the community allow St. Francis Hospice to provide extra care, including equipment or medications not covered by conventional means.
If we can be of assistance to you or a loved one, please contact us anytime. Staff can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
1110 Highway 75 North - Suite A
Breckenridge, MN 56520
- Established in January 1979
- Licensed in Minnesota and North Dakota